Studentvikarie har bytt namn till Humly →
Special educational needs with Humly

SEN Teaching Roles.

We are always looking for experienced and passionate candidates; from school and nursery leaders to classroom teachers and all levels of support staff, as we work with a large number of specialist schools that offer fantastic provisions for a wide range of educational needs, including ASD, SEMH, PMLD and MLD, as well as dedicated Hearing and Visual Impairment units, and Alternative Provisions.

Ideally, as a teacher, you will hold a relevant teaching qualification with previous experience supporting children or young people with additional needs.  Learning Support Assistants must be hard working and caring individuals who really want to make a difference.  Qualifications are preferable but not essential to enable you to join our SEN supply team.

We have special educational needs jobs across Hampshire, Portsmouth, Southampton, Dorset and West Sussex, offering fixed-term and permanent contracts, as well as both long-term and short-term supply work.  Depending on your needs we can help to find full-time and part-time hours, as well as full or half days in schools.


What to expect from a SEN job?

As a Class Teacher, you will be required to teach a class of children with specific needs, always with the support of at least one learning support assistant.  Work will often be set for you; however, it is always a good idea to have your own resources at hand.

As a Learning Support Assistant, supply work is always interesting, and no two days will ever be the same, and it is such a rewarding role.  You will mainly be responsible for supporting the class teacher, either whole class or working with small groups of children, and quite often, you may be asked to provide 1:1 support. You will be expected to be patient and caring with each and every child to develop a trusting class environment. Always make sure you ask the teacher for support if needed, and be as proactive as possible.

Easily manage your work with our app

Available assignments:

See all the available assignments in the app, you choose how much and when you want to work.

Say Yes or No:

You can choose to say yes or no to assignments you are notified about.

Humly app


You are notified when an assignment that fits your preferences comes up.

All the information in one place:

You can read everything you need to know about the school in the app.

To work in an SEN environment as a teacher you need

To have a teaching qualification

You must have a teaching qualification e.g. a PGCE, BEd, BA/BSc with QTS. You need to have QTS and possess a teacher reference number.

To be passionate about teaching

We want teachers who love meeting new students, being in the classroom and making a positive impact on their students.


Stepping into different classrooms is one of the most exciting things about being a supply teacher but being confident from minute one of the lesson is important.

To be an SEN teaching assistant with Humly you need

To have experience of working with children with special educational needs

It is important that you have worked with children with SEN in the past. It is particularly good if this experience is teaching related e.g tutoring, care work, volunteering at a school or coaching.


Often being a teaching assistant will mean supporting children who need some extra help, so you need to be patient and kind with them.

Smooth recruitment process

UK recruitment process

Let us know you are interested

We launched back in September and are now growing the number of schools and teachers we work with. Just click sign up below and fill in our short form if you are interested in working with us:

Apply now